A special thank you to Sprouts Farmers Market and Orgain for sponsoring this recipe.
Eating green and healthy is so easy when there’s a bounty of fresh produce nearby. I like the selection at Sprouts Farmers Market in particular because it’s always farm fresh. That and they carry Orgain, a brand I’ve grown to enjoy for it’s clean, protein-packed products. The nutritional shakes are particularly good. I like the sweet vanilla bean flavor because I can easily substitute it in recipes that call for vanilla extract. Don’t get me wrong, I still love vanilla extract, but sometimes I end the day not consuming enough protein. That’s no good when I want to build muscle. The shakes help me meet my protein goals fortunately. It’s easy too enjoy also when I make my homemade coconut vanilla cream to top what I like to call my Mighty Green Fruit Bowl.
- ½ honeydew melon, seeds removed and balled with a melon baller
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups green grapes
- mint leaves, optional
- ¼ cup Sprouts Organic Coconut Chips
- 1 can Sprouts Organic Coconut Milk, refrigerated overnight
- ⅓ cup Orgain Organic Nutrition Complete Protein Shake – Sweet Vanilla Bean
- Mix all the fruit in a bowl and garnish with mint, if you’d like.
- In a pan, toast the coconut chip on medium heat until golden spots appear. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a bowl, add the cream solids from the coconut milk (reserve the liquid for another use) and protein shake. Beat with a hand mixer or in a mixing stand until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. The amount made will create enough for multiple bowls, so save in a closed container and use as needed.
- Top the fruit bowl with cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut chips.
For more healthy recipes, visit SproutsBrand.com.