THANK YOU WORLD MARKET FOR SPONSORING TODAY’S RECIPE.
Any outdoor party should have these mahi skewers on the menu. Paired with my semi-homemade orange-chili marmalade, these skewers will wow guests as you cook them on a plate of himalayan pink salt. If you’ve never used one before, it salts food perfectly. Just make sure to heat it to a high temperature. A hotter plate imparts salt more gradually, while a warm plate gives off more salt. The key is to season your fish little by little. A word to the wise, you’ll need to set aside 20-30 minutes to heat your himalayan salt plate properly on a grill.
Make a quick stop at your local grocer to pick up mahi fish and a few produce. Everything else can be found at World Market, who’s currently giving away a big trip to Maui! Click here for more details as well as to view an awesome video featuring celebrity chef Brooke Williamson, who is sharing an easy grilling recipe.
Duerr’s Fine Cut Marmalade | World Market Organic Crushed Red Pepper | Himalayan Salt Plate | Round Bamboo Grilling Skewers | Aqua Rustic Double-Handed Soup Crock | Small Olivewood Spoon | Aqua Wood Grain Melamine Serving Tray | Island Essentials Coconut Oil Spray
- 1 Himalayan Salt Plate
- 24 oz mahi fish fillet, diced into approximately 1" cubes
- Island Essentials Coconut Oil Spray
- 8 oz Duerr’s Fine Cut Marmalade
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp World Market Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- Heat the Himalayan Salt Plate according to the instructions provided.
- Meanwhile, prepare the skewers by adding three pieces of mahi per stick. Use a paper towel to pat dry. Spray all sides with Island Essentials Coconut Oil Spray. On medium-high heat, grill the fish for 7 minutes and then flip to cook another 7 minutes. Rotate to the uncooked sides, and grill for 3 minutes each. During the entire cooking process, the grill cover should remain open. Transfer to a platter when done, and finish cooking the remaining skewers.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the remaining ingredients. Use as much red pepper and water as you'd like to achieve the perfect heat level and consistency.