Of my three Halloween recipes, this may be my favorite. Don’t get me wrong, all taste wonderful, but the dry ice just makes this drink so fun. It creates a bubbling effect when dropped into this Purple Potion cocktail. The bubbles fill with smoke that escapes when they pop, which is how we get these awesome wisps of smoke. Pretty cool right? I think so too.
When making this drink, it turns out a bit more magenta if you don’t use the food coloring. It’s still a pretty cool color, so I leave it up to you to decide what shade you want. Another thing to keep in mind is you’ll need to wear gloves (oven mitts are fine) and glasses to chip away at the block of dry ice. You’ll want to avoid getting it on your skin too, so chip away slowly in a well ventilated area. Other than that, you’ll totally have guests going crazy over this terrific concoction.
- 2 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz Sun Hing Parrot Coconut Juice
- 5 oz World Market Pomegranate Italian Soda
- 5 oz pineapple juice
- purple food coloring (optional)
- dry ice
- In a tall iced tea glass, combine the vodka, coconut juice, pomegranate Italian soda and pineapple juice.
- If a more prominent shade of purple is desired, add a drop purple food coloring and stir.
- Use tongs to add a small cube (approximately 1 inch) of dry ice and serve. Make sure guests are aware they should not consume the dry ice.
For more Halloween ideas, click here. Thank you World Market for sponsoring this recipe!