I always like to add something special to popsicles when I can, so with this block party, I decided to incorporate homemade candied lemon peels to World Market’s Limoncellino Soda. Using the Zoku Duo Quick Pop Maker, I layered soda with candied lemon peels little by little to make sure the entire popsicle contained bits of delicious candy. Luckily, the pop maker freezes each popsicle super fast, making the assembly of these Limoncello with Candied Lemon Peel Popsicles feel like a breeze.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup World Market Limoncellino Soda
- Freeze the Zoku Duo Quick Pop Maker overnight.
- Use a peeler to remove the rind from the lemon. Slice into small pieces and place into a sauce pot along with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and then drain the water. Repeat the boiling process 2 more times to remove the bitterness from the rinds.
- Add 2 more cups of water and 2 cups of sugar to the sauce pot with the rinds. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rinds and allow them to cool, before tossing it with the remaining sugar. Shake off the excess sugar, and set aside to dry.
- In a large measuring cup or a bowl with a spout, add the World Market Limoncello Soda and whisk to remove some of the carbonation. This keeps the popsicles from sticking to the Zoku Duo Quick Pop Maker.
- Place the popsicle sticks into each section and fill approximately 1/3 full with the limoncello soda. Add a few pieces of the candied lemon peels. Allow set for a couple of minutes and repeat until each popsicle section is filled to the designated line. Finish freezing; this will take approximately 7 minutes. Remove the popsicles and transfer to the freezer to store until ready to serve.
- Repeat the filling and freezing process for the remaining 2 popsicle sticks.
Photos courtesy of Just Destiny Mag