Oh Thanksgiving, you’re so very close, and I’m so excited to celebrate with a cocktail before and after dinner. Luckily for us, Brooke is back to share her latest project, a Thanksgiving Etched Drink Bottle. It’s a simple craft that takes an ordinary glass bottle from plain to sophisticated and modern. And just in case you missed it, click here to check out the lovely coasters sitting perfectly to the right of the bottle. You’ll need something to place your beverage on after all.
Thanksgiving Etched Drink Bottle
– Remove any labels.
– Wash bottle with warm soapy water and dry off.
– Decide on the design you want for your bottle, I chose an easy square pattern but you could really do anything.
– Using your pencil, draw your design onto the vinyl (I wanted my squares to look a little more hand-drawn and uneven so I didn’t use a ruler to make the perfect square).
– Place the vinyl on a safe cutting surface and cut out using Xacto. You could also place the vinyl on the bottle and then cut out the design, whichever you’re most comfortable with.
– Use your fingers to rub all areas and make sure the template is firmly adhered, no bubbles.
– Follow instructions on the bottle of your etching cream. You want to work fairly quickly and have good, thick coverage with the etching cream for best results.
– Once etching cream has set, rinse and dry it off. Look over the design to make sure all areas are etched well (I had to fill in a few areas of my design, it wasn’t a big deal to do a second application).
– Rinse bottle off with warm soapy water and pat dry.