Any muffin that highlights a fruit is wonderful in my book. I especially love the explosion of blueberries in a sweet baked bread. That’s why when I stumbled across this Cinnamon Blueberry Muffin recipe, I knew it was fate. I had to bake it. And while I know it sounds silly, I always feel odd using just part of a stick of butter when it’s so very close to using the whole thing, so I added even more butter and yes, more blueberries. With a touch of nutmeg, hot buttery and spiced blueberry muffins were minutes away from being golden brown. Delightful treats indeed.
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and put 18 liners in a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, milk and egg in a bowl until combined well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Divide batter evenly among the lined muffin tin and bake until golden brown; approximately 25 to 30 minutes (a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean).
Recipe adapted from Epicurious