I wasn’t kidding when I said meatballs were on the menu this week. One of my all-time favorites are my classic Italian Meatballs. It’s quite simple actually because I choose to mix together an equal amount of ground beef and Italian sausage. So while I still add some of my own seasonings, the already spice-filled Italian sausage provides most of the flavor of this meatball. I also like to use the spiciest sausage possible because I think it adds a fun kick. Paired with my favorite tomato pasta sauce, I can always expect there to be none left. Ben is all about that Italian food.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- favorite tomato pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients, except the pasta sauce, until combined.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly and roll into 6 individual meatballs.
- Place the meatballs evenly spaced on the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. If you choose to make smaller meatballs, adjust the time accordingly (half the size will require a baking time of around 15 minutes).
- Serve with pasta sauce.