Until this past September I had never eaten a date *cue gasps*. I know, what was I waiting for? Luckily, I’m still quite young and now that I know they are super good, I have many more years to enjoy them.
Because I am a date newbie, I thought it would be a great time to learn more about this fruit and explore delicious recipes. First, some education:
- When choosing a good date, look for ones that are shiny and uniformly colored.
- Dates can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for months, but refrigerating can make them last up to a year.
- This fruit is super health-friendly! They are fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free and a good source of fiber.
- Dates are the only naturally “dehydrated” fruit with only 30% moisture.
- The minerals found in dates can help lower blood pressure.
Wow! These sweet bites are like super-food; I love it! Now that you are an expert on dates, check out these yummy recipe finds that will make enjoying this seasonal fruit easy.