I’ve been slaving away in the kitchen this week and with more than 70 meatballs (three different types) to make for my hubby’s big birthday celebration this weekend, I am all meatball-rolled out. But all the rolling will be well worth it when the meatballs are turned into party sliders. Yum! So be prepared for many meatball recipes to come including today.
These Chicken Meatballs are the perfect twist on the traditional beef-filled meatball. I’ve added tons of cilantro and green onions that boosts the flavors to a fantastic yumminess. These are a great and healthy alternative and your tummy won’t even know that these are figure friendly. I will be pairing these meatballs with salsa verde to give it that kick of tomatillo love. Topped with a bit of pico de gallo and a light sprinkling of cheese and you’ve got yourself a winning meatball slider.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients until combined.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly and roll into 6 individual meatballs.
- Place the meatballs evenly spaced on the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. If you choose to make smaller meatballs, adjust the time accordingly (half the size will require a baking time of around 15 minutes).