Thank you Sprouts Farmers Market for sponsoring today’s recipe.
Happy National Hot Cocoa Day! Today, I partnered with Sprouts Farmers Market to share how I make hot cocoa from scratch. The best part about this recipe is the slightly richer flavor that comes from the addition of semi-sweet chocolate. It makes me happy and cozy just thinking about it. If you want to see how I make it, watch Sprout’s Instagram story, where I’ll be taking over. I even revisited my old school way of storytelling to share fun food facts. It’s older than you think, and I bet you won’t be able to guess one of hot cocoa’s biggest fans.
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp powdered sugar, depending on preference
- pinch of salt
- hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional Toppings: marshmallows, crushed candy canes, chocolate syrup and whipped
- sweetened coconut cream
- In a mug, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt and
- water. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- On the stove, heat the almond milk until hot. Pour in the almond milk into the mug and stir.
- Serve topped with toppings of choice.
For more recipes, visit SproutsBrand.com.