Thank you Sprouts Farmers Market for sponsoring today’s seasonal recipe.
If you haven’t had your fill of pumpkin yet, this might encourage you to do so. Pumpkin Cookie Dough Pops are made of eggless cookie dough that can be eaten right out of the bowl. It requires no baking, is covered in a chilled chocolate shell and finished with edible decorations, ranging from coconut to pumpkin seeds. Think of it as pumpkin pie covered in chocolate. So where does the pumpkin pie flavor come from? It’s a combination of pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin snap cookies mixed together with almond meal. The brown sugar and butter gives it that classic cookie dough texture. And because I like to be “extra,” shaping it into a pop seemed right. Now everyone, even kids, can enjoy this during the holidays.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Sprouts pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Sprouts almond meal
- 12 Sprouts pumpkin snap cookies, crushed finely
- 1 tbsp milk, dairy or nut
- 1 tbsp rice flour, optional
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Sprouts semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Recommended Toppings: crushed pumpkin snaps, mini chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, chopped nuts and melted chocolate chips
- Special Tools: popsicle sticks
- In a bowl, combine the sugars, butter, vanilla extract, salt, pumpkin pie spice, almond meal and pumpkin snaps. Mix until the butter is evenly distributed. The mixture will look crumbly.
- Stir in the milk. The cookie dough should easily squeeze together. If soft, mix in the rice flour to create a firmer dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal balls and shape into ovals. Insert a popsicle stick and press firmly to secure the dough to the stick. Place on a wax-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Use a spoon to spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough, making sure it overlaps the popsicle stick. Add desired toppings and freeze for another 10 minutes before serving.
For more seasonal recipes, visit SproutsBrand.com.