Thank you Sprouts Farmers Market for sponsoring today’s holiday recipe.
Something eerie seems to always be lurking below on Halloween. You never know what it is, but it’s there – I sense it. As an offering to this unsolved mystery, I teamed up with Sprouts Farmers Market to dream up a What Lies Beneath Milkshake. It includes your traditional creepy ingredients: strawberries, chocolate and vanilla. So scary! In all seriousness, this shake is something I’ll be drinking out of a pitcher on Halloween night. It’s fantastic! I’ll be sure to stand behind my husband as he hands out candy to the kids, so I won’t be asked to share.
- 4 strawberries
- 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 large scoop Sprouts Organic Chocolate Gelato
- ¼ – ½ cup milk of choice
- 3 Sprouts Chocolate Sandwich Crème cookies, filling discarded and cookies crushed
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, optional
- green food dye, optional
- Sprouts Organic Chocolate Syrup
- Place the strawberries in a tall glass and use a muddler to smash into a puree. Alternatively, the strawberries can be pureed in a blender.
- Blend the vanilla ice cream with about a ¼ cup of milk, using more or less to achieve the consistency you’d like. Pour it over the strawberries. Repeat the process with the chocolate gelato and pour over the vanilla milkshake.
- Top with crushed cookies.
- For something extra, fill a plastic bag with coconut and a bit of green dye. Shake to dye the coconut and sprinkle over the cookies to look like grass.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup down the side of the glass and serve.
For more recipe inspiration, visit SproutsBrand.com. You might also enjoy my Halloween pizzas.