Thank you to Sprouts Farmers Market and Brazi Bites for sponsoring this Halloween recipe.
I’ve always been great at staring contests, but perhaps this time I’ve been beaten. This Goblin Staring Contest appetizer is perfectly delicious and easy to whip up as you await trick or treaters. Made with Brazi Bites I picked up from my local Sprouts Farmers Market, the fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside cheese bread is topped with more cheese and olives. I also serve it with a chunky guacamole. Definitely give it a try and let me know if you win the staring contest.
- 12 Brazi Bites, cheddar and parmesan
- 2 slices white cheese, such as provolone or Monterey jack
- 4 green olives, sliced into 12 round and ends discarded
- 2 black olives, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and smashed
- ¾ cup pico de gallo
- juice of 1 lime
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and create a ring of Brazi Bites that are placed ½-inch apart. The bites will not touch the sides of the dish. Bake according to the instructions. Allow the bites to cool and transfer to a plate.
- Use a small round cookie cutter (approximately 1-inch) to stamp out 12 circles from the cheese. Place 1 round of cheese on each bite.
- Fill the green olive slices with a piece of chopped black olives and place 1 on top of each cheese round.
- In a bowl, combine the smashed avocado, pico de gallo and lime juice. Spoon the guacamole into the center of the ring and top with cilantro.