Thank you Sprouts Farmers Market and Orgain for making today’s recipe possible.
Do yourself a favor and skip green beer and anything else that is turned artificially green on St. Patrick’s Day. The truth is you can have emerald- and jade-colored foods that taste delicious without using fake ingredients. I teamed up with Sprouts Farmers Market and Orgain to whip up this Avocado Vanilla Mousse just to show you how. Now you may be hesitant at the thought of eating avocado for dessert, but I’ll be the first to tell you that it tastes wonderful and works so well for creating lusciously smooth treats. Boy is it smooth. A touch of organic maple syrup for sweetness, and you’re all set to end St. Patrick’s on a satisfying note.
- 2 avocados, pitted and skin removed
- ¼ -1/3 cup Orgain Organic Nutrition Complete Protein Shake – Sweet Vanilla Bean
- ⅓ cup nondairy yogurt
- ⅓ cup Sprouts Organic Maple Syrup
- Optional Toppings: raw pumpkin seeds, chopped vegan chocolate and chopped raw pistachios
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocados, ¼ cup protein shake, nondairy yogurt and maple syrup and blend on high speed until smooth. Add more protein shake to achieve a thick, but smooth consistency. Scrape the sides as needed to ensure all the avocado is processed.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls and garnish with toppings before serving.
For more healthy recipes, visit SproutsBrand.com.