Thank you Sprouts Farmers Market for sponsoring today’s cocktail recipe!
There’s so much left to do before 2016 comes to an end. On my to do list, or I should say wish list, was to come up with a cocktail that is worthy of kicking off 2017. My store of choice? Sprouts Farmers Market, of course! They have a chardonnay by Root & Vine that is so crisp and smooth. When you sip on a glass, there are hints of pear and vanilla. I could drink an entire bottle easily. But, I was on a mission to make a signature cocktail to celebrate a new chapter, and that is what I did. I give you the Root & Vine Midnight.
The Root & Vine Midnight is a combination of sweet and tart. I contains a homemade blackberry syrup that has been sweetened with honey and infused with thyme. The chardonnay and lemon juice brightens up the ice-cold cocktail. And because it was made for a celebration, I garnished it with a couple blackberries that were rolled in sugar. I like the sparkly touch. It’s fun, but still elegantly simple, which is perfect for a classy New Year’s Eve party.
- 1 (6 oz) container blackberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1 large sprig of thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 1½ tbsp Sprouts organic honey
- ⅓ cup water
- crushed ice
- 1 bottle Root & Vine Chardonnay
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- white sugar
- In a pot, bring 6 oz. of blackberries, a sprig of thyme, the honey and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the blackberries burst and the liquid looks like syrup. Transfer the syrup to a strainer over a bowl. Allow all the liquid to strain. Discard the fruit and seeds. Cool the syrup to room temperature.
- To create the cocktail, add a sprig of thyme to a chilled glass and then fill it heavily with crushed ice. Pour chardonnay over the ice, just shy of the top of the glass. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon wedge, and top off the drink with a splash of blackberry syrup. Garnish with blackberries that have been rolled in white sugar. Serve.
For more great recipes inspired by Sprouts, visit SproutsBrand.com.