Most of you know I am addicted to salty foods. But lately, my sweet tooth has been taking a front seat. I can’t seem to kick it. I want things packed full of chocolate. I’ll even admit to picking up a few glazed chocolate doughnut holes yesterday morning and eating every single one. For the sake of satisfying this craving, I whipped up some “brownie” bites that you’ll definitely enjoy. You won’t even be able to tell the dark chocolate-covered treats are made primarily of nuts and dates.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups coconut chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup blue agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients for the exception of the chocolate chips. Process until nearly smooth, scraping the sides as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Line a square cake pan with parchment paper (leaving overhang), and spoon in the brownie mixture. Press until even and flat. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the brownies from the pan and cut into 36 pieces.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Heat at 30-second intervals, and stir in between until smooth.
- Use a fork to dip each brownie bite into the chocolate, and allow the excess to drip off before placing on wax paper to dry.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.