A special thank you goes out to World Market today for sponsoring this recipe!
Football playoffs are going on right now, which means I’m planning a game day party. One of my favorite game day recipes to make just happens to be punch. It’s a beverage that gets overlooked, but I’m bringing it back with this Bourbon Caramel Apple Punch.
Made in large batches, punch is ideal for a party. Torani syrup is a good place to start. Sweet and concentrated, you need just a little to flavor an entire bowl. I prefer mixing it together with juice and sparkling mineral water for fizz and to cut sweetness. Herbs also work well and cater to adult palates. I’ve seen people use rosemary and thyme. I don’t know about you, but I’m willing to try sage too.
As for the ice, skip crushed and cubed. What you need is an ice ring filled with fruits and herbs to keep your drink chilled without watering it down quickly. A large ice ring takes way more time to melt and the fruits and herbs within slowly release its flavors, while still acting like ice. Perfect!
Now, for the ideal football beverage, check out the following recipe for Bourbon Caramel Apple Punch. It serves 16 – plenty for a playoff party.
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 sprigs rosemary, broken in half
- filtered water
- 1/2 cup Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup
- 2 (1-qt) bottles World Market Sparkling Mineral Water, separated and chilled
- 2 qts apple juice, chilled
- 1 sprig rosemary, broken in half
- Make Ice Ring: Fill an 8-inch bundt pan with apples and lemon slices; alternate slices to make it pretty. Add the rosemary and tuck some pieces under the apples and lemon. Fill the pan with water an inch and a half from the top. Freeze overnight. To remove, fill a sink with hot water. Dip the bottom of the pan into the water making sure not to let the water get into the pan. After a couple of seconds, flip the pan over into your palm and remove the ice ring.
- Make Punch: Fill a punch bowl with the Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup. Add 1 bottle of World Market Sparkling Mineral Water and the apple juice. Place the rosemary and ice ring in the punch. Top the punch with the remaining bottle of mineral water. Stir twice and serve.
If you want to recreate this drink and spread for your own party, check out these products. I’ve included party items, drink essentials and foods you’ll want to have at your gathering.
World Market Sparkling Mineral Water | Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup | Inspired Words Lunch Napkins | Punch Bowl | Popcorn | Utz Sourdough Specials Pretzels | Industrial Wood and Metal Tray | Black Villa Stripe Table Runner
Last but not least, World Market is also hosting an Ultimate Football Fan Party Sweepstakes! An email is all you need for a chance to win hundreds and thousands in prizes. Visit worldmarketsweepstakes.com for more details and good luck!