One of my biggest rules when it comes to hosting a party is to keep foods simple. Fortunately, if you use quality ingredients, it doesn’t take much to wow family and friends’ taste buds. This Warm Feta with Honey and Dates is a great example of this rule. Adapted from this recipe, I think it’s a perfect dish for the crostini station I recently co-coordinated for a New Year’s Eve party.
- 1 block feta
- 4 dates
- 2 tsp roasted almond slices
- fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the feta on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese is slightly soft. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Prepare the dates by removing the pits and chopping it into halves or quarters (your preference).
- Top the feta with the dates, almonds and thyme. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.