I’m finally back with a new recipe friends. It’s been forever since I’ve been in the kitchen specifically whipping up something just for you. Food styling projects and graduation have taken up much of my time. Oh, did I tell you? I finally graduated from Arizona State University. It took a longer than expected, but I’m glad to be done.
As for food, I’ve been cooking more summer-inpired dishes, given the hot weather we’re already experiencing in Arizona. Yes, the 90-degree weather is here, and I have no doubt 100 degrees will creep in soon.
While it’s not ideal weather, I do like that I can make dishes like this Summer Gnocchi. A mix of roasted sweet corn and zucchini, this recipe is good as a side or main course. The parmesan gives it a bit of saltiness, hence the void of seasoning in the recipe, and the lemon juice adds some tanginess.
If you want, you can always drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil on top.
- 2 ears of corn, husks removed
- 2 lbs frozen gnocchi
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shaved
- 4 sprigs basil, leaves thinly sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Bake corn in the oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through the cook time. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then use a knife to cut off the kernels.
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, mix in the corn, zucchini, parmesan, basil and lemon juice. Toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Serve warm or at room temperature.