Brunch is never complete without a platter of danishes. To help you prepare for your Easter spread, I’ve created just about the easiest Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe you’ll ever try. It features Triple Berry Jam from World Market’s collection of preserves. Sweet and flaky, these danishes will wake up the senses and remind you it’s finally spring.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Triple Berry Jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Use a knife to cut out 9 squares. Score a 1/2-inch border inside each square of puff pastry.
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth. Evenly spoon the cream cheese mixture over the puff pastry, without going beyond the scored area.
- Top with a spoonful of jam and blueberries. Lightly press the blueberries into the cheese.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the edges of the pastry with egg.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the danishes to cool on a wire rack before serving with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Photos courtesy of Just Destiny Mag