Wow, Thanksgiving flew by, which means I’m finally getting to enjoy one of my favorite parts of the holidays – the leftovers. In this case, turkey is always the star, at least for the next day or two. I usually transform my turkey into a delicious stuffing sandwich or pop it into a hot bowl of soup, like I did here with my Turkey Green Chili.
I kept it relatively simple because I know we’ve all been spending too much time in the kitchen. It’s not always a bad thing, but I prefer enjoying the company of loved ones instead. Luckily, this dish is easily shared too, so I can invite a friend or two over to devour this with Ben and myself.
- 3 tomatillos, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups turkey breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 4 slices jalapeno
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Over medium-high heat, add the tomatillos, garlic, onion and oil. Stirring occasionally, cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a slight boil. Cook for another 5 minutes.