I’m on a huge bruschetta kick right now. In fact, I hosted a party not too long ago centered around these oh-so-yummy treats, and I went the adventurous route trying out various flavors. One of my faves is this pairing I’m sharing today, a Pomegranate + Pistachio Bruschetta. And just in case you haven’t heard, a simple spread of ricotta cheese is the new butter. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 15 mint leaves, julienned
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced 1/2" thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- In a bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, pistachios, lemon zest, lemon juice and mint. Mix and refrigerate until use.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of the French bread slices lightly with extra virgin olive oil. In a pan, toast both sides on medium-high heat. Alternatively, baking at 350 degrees F in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden, also works.
- Use a spoon to apply a light smear of ricotta on one side of the toasted bread and top with a sprinkling of the pomegranate mixture. Slice down the middle and serve.