I’m not much of a drinker, but when I find a beverage I love, I have to remake it at home. Moscow Mules are right up my alley. It’s perfect for a gal who has graduated super sweet girly drinks and moved on to a perfectly balanced treat.
On my most recent visit to Liberty Market, I was enjoying breakfast with our cousin on the patio when I noticed their board of specials. At the very top was a blackberry-infused Moscow Mule. “Oh my,” I thought. Of course, 9 a.m. is a bit early to indulge unless it’s a mimosa, so I passed. But the drink lingered in my mind for days, so I finally gave in and concocted my very own version at home. Boy was I happy.
- 1/4 cup blackberries, plus extra to garnish
- 1 wedge lime, plus extra to garnish
- 1-2 oz vodka
- ginger beer
- mint, to garnish
- In a 12-ounce glass, muddle the blackberries lightly. Squeeze a wedge of lime juice into the glass and fill it to the top with ice.
- Based on your preference, add 1 to 2 ounces of vodka to the glass, and top it off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, blackberries and mint. Serve immediately.