No Winter Soup Bar is complete without a bowl of tomato soup. I’m not talking about the one out of the can that tastes artificial; homemade is the way to go, and it’s super easy. When making my Roasted Tomato Soup, I like to roast the tomatoes, onions and garlic to bring out the sweetness. That along with basil and a quick puree and the soup is ready to enjoy with garlicky croutons.
- 8 large tomatoes, cut into 3/4" slices
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2" slices
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sprigs basil, plus extra for garnishing
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and arrange the tomatoes, onions and garlic on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you achieve a smooth puree. Pour the soup into a pot to heat and season to taste. Garnish with basil and serve.