I love a good banana bread and while I struggle to bake one as good as the hubby’s grandma, I think I’m getting closer. Each and every loaf of banana bread is getting banana-ier (I know it’s not a word, but it’s the best description right?) and tastier. If only I could figure out what gives it that grandma touch, I’d be set. But in the meantime, this one is my absolute favorite loaf of banana goodness to date. Try it out and let me know what you think, and if you have any tips of your own to share that makes your banana bread the best, please let me know in the comments section below.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9"x5" inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and bananas until combined.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com