Remember the pizza cake I made not too long ago? Well, there was a mini version as well. It’s so cute. When making this, I used a foolproof yellow cake recipe. One that I decided to alter based on some feedback it received on a site simply because I didn’t want to use so many eggs. MISTAKE! Despite the fact that it was still good, the texture was far below the standards of a fluffy and moist yellow cake. Note to self: follow the recipe as-is.
Now, the real recipe I will share here, and I urge you to make no alterations. This cake is so good that even the littlest tweak would be so very sad. Enjoy the best yellow cake you’ll ever have.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pans.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly tapped. Cool for 15 minutes before turning the cake out onto cooling racks.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com