Food Party

Photo courtesy of Cook Blog

As I gear up for the new year (no I didn’t forget about Christmas – that would be silly) and begin reminiscing about what’s been accomplished in 2012, I can’t help but think about all the exciting things to come in 2013. What I want to do, what I dream about doing and so much more. Part of my dream has always been to host the most rockin’ food party there is. When and where that would happen – I’m not sure, but it’s a dream I’m ready to slash off the list in the next year or two.

So my question to you is: If you attended this smashing food party, what would you want to see, do or experience? It can be anything from a food class on butchering meats to seeing a giant bluefin tuna be carved and turned into sushi right before your eyes to enjoy. Maybe you just want to dine with a cookbook author or create the most artfully crafted bento box. If you’re only about eating, would you want to try something exotic? DREAM BIG, let me know and maybe one day we can dine away at this awesome food party together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

I’ve always thought it would be fun to host an “around the world” food party…each station would feature food and drinks from different cultures and it would an interactive event with guests mingling. Sorta like a mini Epcot :)

• Joanna says

This is such a wonderful idea! Much like a small group I used to host where we’d each make a dish from the culture we picked that week. I would love to host these again and maybe so if I host a food party. :)

2. Kelly says

I would like to have food based on a specific book with fellow readers ( books like Five Quarters of the Orane or Julie and Julia), pickling and jamming sessions using farmers market produce. I also think it would be fun to have a cookbook club where members prepare a full course meal from a selected cookbook. I also think that certain theme dinners such as a Twelth Night dinner in January or a Midsummer’s Solstice dinner would be fun as well. I also like the cultural idea from above. I use to belong to a group years ago where we did culture nights — Moroccan, Danish, Jamaican, Irish, Spanish, etc. lots of fun!

• Joanna says

Kelly, you’re full of wonderful ideas! These all sound terrific and ones that I’ll be adding to my list for sure. If I ever get this going, please consider yourself to be top of list for invites.

3. Julissa says

I like the idea of carving fish to make sushi. I absolutely love sushi! I also like the idea of the mini Epcot party. I also would suggest taking a class or studying the different cuisines prepared on the TV show, Game of Thrones! ;)

• Joanna says

After I read your comment, I did a little research and boy do they have a wonderful spread of food. I will keep this in my notes to explore more. It would be fantastic to have such a grand dining experience.