As promised, another yummy recipe for the week. This time it’s decadent Peanut Butter Party Bites. I made these recently for a surprise poolside birthday for a good friend. Because this was in celebration of her special day, I had to make them extra sparkly and festive, so I broke out my endless supply of sprinkles to locate tons of fanciful colors.
The goal was to make them primarily pink and yellow, but I figured a few extra pops of color wouldn’t hurt. I love the ones that were completely covered in sprinkles; these I would make again for a casual celebration. The other style had a lighter touch of sugar crystals which turned out to be much classier and one I would consider using for more formal occasions. Love the versatility with just a few adjustments to the sprinkles.
- 1 package graham crackers, crushed (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 12 oz white chocolate candy coating
- In a bowl, combine the graham crackers, powdered sugar, unsalted butter and peanut butter. Mix well until a dough is formed.
- Using your hands, roll a heaping tablespoonful of the peanut butter dough into balls and place them on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. (I used a cookie scoop to keep the sizes consistent.) Transfer the cookie sheet to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl or double boiler, heat the white chocolate candy coating until it's melted. Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate, allow the excess chocolate to drip off and roll or top with sprinkles. Place the coated ball on the cookie sheet to set completely. Repeat the coating process with the remaining peanut butter balls.
Recipe adapted from Food Network