Today is a very special day. Eight years ago the hubby and I eloped and were married in Denton, TX. Yay! It was definitely an exciting decision for us and while I like a good celebration, I secretly love the fact that we whisked ourselves away from reality to have a moment for just the two of us. It’s been a wonderful eight years with highs and lows like any relationship, but we’re still moving forward strong as ever. With so much happening in the last year, I am thankful we have a wonderful relationship and bond that makes each and every task that much easier.
So just for fun and to celebrate today, I thought I’d share eight facts about us:
1. Ben and I met in Austin, TX in 2003; the funny thing is, we actually met briefly once before that, but just never spoke.
2. I never liked basketball before I met Ben, but he converted me into being a huge Phoenix Suns fan like him.
3. The first baseball game we enjoyed together (it was my first ever) was a Texas Rangers game in Arlington to celebrate our anniversary.
4. While I don’t consider Ben to be a super adventurous eater, we both love squid. It must from his tour in Korea.
5. To date, we’ve visited California, Minnesota, Missouri and Massachusetts together. I guess I should include Rocky Point too.
6. Ben and I were married while he was on R&R during his tour in Iraq.
7. Last year, we attended our first NFL game together – Go Cardinals!
8. Our birthdays are exactly six months apart.
Happy anniversary to us!