One of my favorite things to make is meatballs because it can be prepared in advance, takes so little effort and all the while gives me more time to spend with my family as they bake. And wouldn’t you know it, fancy meatballs are actually quite the simple treat and they turn into wonderful eats for your guests when they’re in bite-sized portions. So I introduce to you my Mini Meatballs with a Peppercorn Balsamic Reduction.
You must try them! I am so proud of these yummy bites. The meatball itself is good and then turns great when drizzled with the reduced, peppery balsamic vinegar. I’ll admit, I had trouble stopping myself from eating these tiny guys and because I enjoyed them so much, I had to share a couple with my lucky pups. They were super happy – of course!
- 1 lb ground beef, at least 85% lean
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cracked peppercorn
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn.
- Roll the beef into 1-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes; do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine the balsamic vinegar and remaining peppercorn in a small saucepan and simmer until it reduces to half stirring occasionally. Add the butter, continue to heat and stir until the butter is melted and incorporated. Remove from the heat until ready to use.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and drizzle the peppercorn balsamic reduction over each meatball and serve warm.