Eggs – one of my favorite foods. I love them boiled, scrambled, over-easy and now baked. If you think having a good breakfast is difficult, you’ll think twice when you try this deliciously easy treat. This recipe calls for every ingredient to be piled into a ramekin and baked for less than 15 minutes which is perfect because it gives you plenty of time to get dressed, put on makeup or read an article in the daily newspaper. And when 15 minutes have passed, you’ll have wonderfully baked eggs that are so yummy when paired with toast and a glass of orange juice. Yum!
My favorite part is breaking into the egg to expose the creamy yolk that is baked just enough to be cooked, but is still runny so it’s like dipping toast into hollandaise sauce.
- softened butter
- 1 tsp white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter 2 ramekins; set aside.
- Fill each ramekin with 1/2 teaspoon onion, 1/2 garlic, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of cream in that order.
- Top the filled ramekins with a sprinkling of salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 8 minutes; then turn on the broiler and bake for about 5 minutes more.
- Remove baked eggs from the oven and top each ramekin with 1 tablespoon of parmigiano reggiano.
Adapted from How Sweet It Is