1/4 cup of sugar
2 jalapenos, diced
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup of self-rising flour
1/4 cup of corn meal
1 package Philadelphia cream cheese
1 quart of vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a shallow pan on the stove at medium-low to medium heat. The oil should be 2-inches deep.
2. Cut the cream cheese into 1/2-inch cubes and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the sugar, jalapenos, onion and eggs in a medium bowl.
4. Add the self-rising flour and corn meal to the egg mixture.
5. Using a spoon, cover the cream cheese in the batter and then scoop a round full into the hot oil.
6. Cook until golden brown; about 2 minutes.
7. Remove the hush puppy poppers and dry them briefly on a paper towel covered plate. Serve and enjoy.