THANK YOU TO SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET FOR SPONSORING TODAY’S RECIPE.
I can’t begin to tell you how relieved I am that football is finally here. Well, I should say preseason has kicked off. My husband has completed two of five fantasy football drafts, and soon, he will no longer be updating me on the number of days left before regular season begins. By the way, Thursday, September 8th is when the regular season starts – just in case you’re curious. I like to cheer on my home team, the Arizona Cardinals. Their first game will be against the New England Patriots on Sunday, September 11th. Oh boy, that will be a tough one, but I believe in our team. In fact, I’ve already planned an awesome snack to keep my husband and I happy throughout the entire game. These Spicy Black Bean and Mozzarella Poppers are a perfect game day treat and were inspired by the Cardinals. Black beans fill spicy fresno peppers that are topped with unexpected slices of Sprouts Organic Mozzarella Sticks and seasoned panko bread crumbs. I love a good frozen food hack! Now, I await making another batch of these delicious poppers.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 24
- 12 fresno peppers, cut in half and seeds discarded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg frozen Sprouts Organic Mozzarella Sticks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray
- salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with Sprouts Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray. Set aside.
- Divide the garlic, black beans and Sprouts Organic Mozzarella Sticks slices evenly amongst the fresno pepper halves. There may be a few pieces of the mozzarella stick slices left over depending on the size of the peppers. Evenly sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, and season with black pepper to taste.
- Place the filled peppers on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press the filling more into the peppers. Bake for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with salsa and sour cream, if preferred.
If you’d like to find more recipes and be inspired by Sprouts Farmers Market, click here.